Since Facebook announced the launch of their Dynamic Product Ads (DPAs) in Feb 2015, the feed-based ad formats have played a pivotal role in the global growth of Facebook advertising. Facebook stated as of March 2019, there are more than 2.38 billion monthly active Facebook users, therefore meaning there are uncapped global opportunities for a variety of industries through using Dynamic Ads.
Dynamic retargeting brand, Criteo, states that Dynamic Retargeting on Facebook and Instagram see an average of 12% sales uplift across all their retargeting campaigns. Although there has been talk of ‘the year of the mobile’ for some time, it has finally arrived with Facebook reporting that mobile advertising represented 93% of advertising revenue in Q1 2019. Brands have a bigger opportunity to exploit this shift in consumer purchase behaviour and seize the chance to showcase their product catalogue through flawless feed-based retargeting.
Our Experience Working with Global Clothing Retailers
As apparel sales continue to migrate online, clothing retailers are allocating more budgets towards programmatic channels due to the direct revenue and incremental value these platforms can provide. Through managing several international clothing retailers and we understand how utilising a Dynamic Ads format can increase ROAS by up to an impressive 12x. Research indicates that consumers are becoming more inclined to purchase products from companies that remember them, but also who provide relevant personalised ads. With the help of FeedManager, we can tailor each clients feed and publish to a variety social and display partners to successfully execute Dynamic Retargeting Ads across the Programmatic ad space.
Feed Based Opportunities Across Social and Display:
- Facebooks DPAs distribute ads containing relevant products and their information using a dynamic template (price, image, details) to specific audiences based upon brands, retailers and advertiser’s pixel data. They can be single image ads, carousel ads, or collection ads. Alternative feed-based Facebook ad formats include: Broad Audience Ads, Collection Ads, Instant Experience Ads & Local Inventory Ads.
- Google announced the launch of their Dynamic Remarketing Ads to all retailers in June 2013, Dynamic Remarketing across the whole programmatic ecosystem now allows you to showcase products and services by using simple, yet powerful feeds. The platforms are able pull products and services from your feed, determining the best mix of products for each ad based on popularity and what the visitor viewed on your site. Other programmatic feed-based ad formats include Dynamic Prospecting & Local Inventory Ads for Display.
Top Tips for Launching Your Feeds:
Through our experience, we understand how imperative it is to ensure your feed is in good health to certify the smooth running of Dynamic Ads. We use our technology to run a on the health of your current feed to make recommendations on how to optimise performance.
Our Top Tips to Successful Social & Display Feeds:
- Label your feeds – Through FeedManager you are able to apply multiple custom labels to your feed to allow for Dynamic Remarketing based upon category or sale items for example.
- Apply Exclusions – Within FeedManager you are able to apply rules to your feed to only include higher ROI items or products over a certain price driving the best ROI for your business.
- You can push feeds hourly instead of daily from FeedManager to negate against unavailable products being shown within your Dynamic Ads.
- Through our enrichment module we will ensure you have all mandatory data included such as GTINs & MPNs to negate against match rate issues and disapprovals, allowing for the most efficient delivery of your Dynamic Ads
Top Tips for Launching a DPAs:
- Use a mix of targeting strategies including Product Viewers, Basket Abandoners, Cross Selling, Up-Selling to allow for more in-depth budget optimisation
- Use a mix of conversion windows such and 7, 14, & 21 Day windows to allow for more in-depth budget optimisation
- Use a variety of ad copy variations to allow for the platform to optimise towards the best performer.
- Use a carousel ad format as typically showcasing products in this ad format showed to have the strongest engagement.
- Check for errors in your pixel & match rates within your catalogue before you run the campaign.
DPA Launch – https://www.facebook.com/business/news/product-ads
Facebook Monthly Users & Mobile Spend – https://zephoria.com/top-15-valuable-facebook-statistics/
Research into consumer purchase behaviour – https://exponea.com/blog/impact-artificial-intelligence-online-fashion-retail/
Apparel sales migrating online – https://s3.amazonaws.com/adaptly-com-public/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/12122313/Adaptly-Apparel-Trend-Report.pdf
What is Dynamic RMKT – https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/3124536?hl=en
Launch of Dynamic RMKT – https://adwords.googleblog.com/2013/06/reconnect-with-site-visitors-using.html